Monday, March 8, 2010

Hair straightening for an older white woman?

If anyone has experience with hair straightening they would like to share, I would appreciate it. I'm in my early 60's and use semi-permanent color on my short curly locks. I've always envied the women with longer straight hair. Does it ruin your hair? Can it be done along with color? How long does it last? I already know it's expensive. Thanks.Hair straightening for an older white woman?
well... the japenese straightening works really well.... i've seen it on a bunch of people with crazy tight curls n now its straight


but the thing is it dries out the hair way to much


and the 2nd time they do it... ther hair is just damaged


also... the hair ';grows out'; like hair dye would...


ull have curly roots with pin straight ends





well i waz talking to the barbra while i was getting my hair cut and she told me about this new hair straightening thing


im sorry i dont know the name of it but they do it in the lemon tree hair salon


it acts more like a relaxer and takes about 80% of the frizzyness away... it fades away instead of growing out so u wont have curly roots


also it conditions your hair instead of drying out





maybe you cud let ur hair grow and use a light straightening iron n have straight hair once in a while :D


i straighten my hair like that all the time





i wud recommend an iron from hot tools.. cermaic irons are better and not as dammaging... and im sure a 1in plate wud be good enough everything else is such extra weight


trust me i have the maxi glide and its 2 inches n it weighs alot more


but i use to use hot tools and it works better (and its half the price of maxiglide)





the japanese straightening is about $200 i believe


that relaxer thing is about $300


hot tools straightening iron is about $40


and maxiglide is about $80





well i hope this helps!Hair straightening for an older white woman?
no problem :D

Report Abuse



if your talking about permanent straightening, dont waste your money.


Ive had it done three times and all it did was make my hair less healthy.


my mom is a hairdresser and she wasnt happy with it either. I would just stick with a hair straightener. It isnt the healthiest for your hair, but go to a salon and ask if they have any product.





CHI keritin Mist works great!


or just go to the store and get some low grade stuff
why would u want to straigthen ur hair??

No comments:

Post a Comment