Monday, March 8, 2010

How old is too old for a woman to wear long hair if it's not yet gray?

A woman or man is never too old to wear long hair - graying or not....so start to 'just be' and mind yourself first. Excercise self-confidence %26amp; assertivness everyday - you won't think about doubting your style....a special note: I am 41 years old - auburn hair STILL! with about 10 graying hairs, just starting out....and I panicked and went out to buy a toner to cover...that was the most ridiculous thing I ever did in my life...first of all- no one noticed, secondly: I did not notice!, thirdly - what a mess. There was a big moment of reflection during this panic of ';hey, I am 41 years old and still have great hair and SO WHAT if THE GRAY IS COMING TO STAY....I am lucky it is taking 'longer' than most women...(my sister grayed at 20! ugh....heheheheheeee) so I figure 'age gracefully' is the best concept/clue to follow and just be you!How old is too old for a woman to wear long hair if it's not yet gray?
YOU GO GIRL!!!! It was good to 'clue in' someone just like me....it was such a mess %26amp; expense!! Man....thanks...Take care always.


Susan

Report Abuse


How old is too old for a woman to wear long hair if it's not yet gray?
What is wrong with a woman wearing long hair after any age, society would like to take away our feminine side and make us all masculine. No one has ever ask me if I think I should cut my hair.


I am in a religion that wears long hair and yes some women do not take car of their hair but most of us do. I don't think people notice other than we wear dresses all the time, but most of my group is very fashionable.
I am 37 and have hair to my waist......I don't think I will cut it anytime soon. I can wear it up when I want and it looks nice. I get compliments on my hair all the time....so I don't think anyone thinks I am to old for it yet.
Depends on the shape of the face. Longer hair definitely brings the facial features down and if the jaws are beginning to sag a bit, it's definitely not a good look. However, I've seen longer hair on many women over 50 with great bones and they look fantastic!
never too old
Even if it's grey it's fine. Just as long as the hair is in good shape, and in a cut that reflects the person's age.
No such thing. Keep your long hair.
There is no law that I know of that compels a woman to cut her hair at a certain age or when it becomes a certain colour. It's personal choice as to whether anyone wears their hair long, short or middling....
ive seen alot of long hair and gray.to their waist and i thought they were very beautiful women.my mon sais she dont like it but thats her opinion
There is no such thing as too old to wear you hair like you want to wear it. Everyone should dress, use make up, do their hair and everything else in life to please themselves and not others. It's about what we think about ourselves.
no age limit. My mother started going gray when she was in her 20s. By the time she was 30, she had thick white hair that was down to her feet. She was very pretty in my opinion.
40-45
One of my most beautiful memories of my Nana who I now realise was only about 50+ yrs old was her beautiful long hair that she used to get me to brush !!!!


Sooooo what is wrong with long beautiful hair.....!!/// if you have got it ';flaunt it !!!!'; !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it still suits - don't get it cut.





I would dearly love my hair to be long but it just will not grow any longer than just passed my shoulders :-(
no age limit.
a fifty and something woman with long hair would normaly look a little strange
You should not put a cap in the form of an age.


Be yourself, and wear the hairstyle you are comfortable with. People will like you for that.
never too old!
wear your hair anyway you feel most comfortable in. mine went white on the sides, salt and pepper on top, and stayed dark blonde underneath! I went totally plantium, short and layered! I like it. I had hair to my waist 30 yrs ago.
Dont think there is a set age limit on something like that, it more personal preference....but if I see 60 to 90 year old women with long hair it does look odd, but many have long hair they wear in a bun, let the hair down and some look like a character out of a horror movie, and of course some dont look like that!!
its how you feel wear what you want ,whats comfortable for you ,we need to stop trying to please everybody else
NEVER!! Who said there is anything wrong with ANY woman wearing long hair, gray or not? Its your hair, wear it however you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment