Monday, March 8, 2010

What age on a woman is too old for long hair?

I have had several women tell me that they are too old for long hair. I love long hair on a woman and I always encourage it. Sometimes I don't know if it is just an excuse they are using. I'm talking hair down to around the elbow, what do you think?What age on a woman is too old for long hair?
I'm 54 and have long hair, but it is a problem to maintain. The gray hair is much more fragile and dry. Trying to figure out how to style it for work is also a problem. Multiply all that by the power of 10 for thick, heavy and curly hair. It doesn't really look that great anymore, like everything else when you get older. Nice to imagine you'll keep the same hair you had when you were young, only a different color, but it's not the same.What age on a woman is too old for long hair?
LOL... never! I'm a long hair fan too.


I know that some older women were brought up believing that you were supposed to go shorter each year- but hey, I think long haired older women are hot.





There are no rules!
Long hair is so pretty! I think a woman is never too old to have long hair, as long as it looks nice. If it's beginning to look bad or get brittle, then maybe she ought to go shorter. But otherwise, why not have it long and pretty? Long is great!
I don't think anyone necessarily gets ';too old'; for long hair. Either you look good with long hair or you don't. It has nothing to do with age. I have noticed that some older women get a more harsh look with longer hair, but it's usually because they don't style it or it's an matronly style that needs revamping. There is absolutely no reason a woman in her later years shouldn't have a beautiful, long head of hair. :)
It will fall out eventually...lol enjoy it why you have it!!!
One is never too old for long hair. If it is still growing and you like the way it looks, let it grow.!
I'm all for long hair I'm only 22 yrs old and I'm not cutting it ever agian I want to be really long when I get older, even if I have one of my grandchildren brush it...lol
What's wrong with having long hair? I love long hair, it is very sexy and feminine. If you have beautiful hair, then flaunt it baby!
As one gets older, the hair becomes more brittle, making it more difficult to brush without losing significant amount of hair.
Never too old. I refuse to be one of those old ladies with chopped off hair, looking like I am starring on the Golden girls.
It's not usually the most flattering way to wear your hair after 45.
I don't think age matters when it comes to hair length. Regardless of age or length, what matters most is that you maintain healthy hair. However, I don't think that a woman's hair should ever be past her elbow, it just looks stringy and creepy, no matter how well it is maintained. There is also a stigma that gray hair is frumpy looking. I don't agree with that. I think gray hair is just as beautiful as whatever color it was originally. When my hair goes gray I plan to wear it proudly.
I am 40 with long hair (my husband prefers it.)


The time for rules like that is over.


Relax and let that hair down, ladies!
my friends(?) keep trying to get me to cut my hair..mid way down my back...there seems to be this ';book'; that says women after a certain age can't have long hair...Such b/s....there is no ';book'; long live long hair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment