Monday, March 8, 2010

Why do most older women opt for short hair?

Lots of guys (like me) like long hair but most women tend to feel (almost forced) that their hair should be short if they are over a certain age.





Just curious???Why do most older women opt for short hair?
Easier to care for. Also people tend to loose hair as they get older and it's easier to camouflage that or create fullness with shorter hair.Why do most older women opt for short hair?
well, long hair are really very attractive, but after sometime, the weight of the hair pulls on the hairline, thus it is better to have it cut off rather than have a long hair, with bald scalp.
because long hair makes the face look droopier if there already signs of aging. short hair keeps signs of aging from standing out so much.
It's because of the idea that long hair signifies youth. And that if an older woman keeps her hair long after a certain age, it means she's trying too hard to look young (think Demi Moore). I think that's a load of baloney and plan to keep my hair long even when I'm 60! :)
Because it pulls your face down (visually) and makes you look older, where shorter hair pulls your face up and makes you look younger
Hair becomes dry and more brittle when women reach menopause, so perhaps their hair just can't accommodate a longer style. My hair will only grow a certain length..but it's always been like that. I can't seem to get it past my shoulder blades. Every woman is different. Some just don't like the maintenance that comes with long hair.
they probably can save a little when they have to cover the gray hair.
I think that it is because as women get older we feel like our schedules get more hectic and we have less time than ever before. Having shorter hair eliminates the time necessary in taking care of our hair and styling it. I'm still a teenager and hopefully won't ever have to return to the short hairstyle again! ; )
Well, I think it's less common today, women are keeping their hair longer. I think it's more youthful and feminine. I think really short hair can actually be quite ageing and unflattering, as it only suits a certain kind of face. When I say long hair, I don't mean butt length, but chin length, shoulder length and chest length looks good on all ages HTH : )
iv no idea im only 18
no its just long hair on old people tends to be grey and dry so it looks dry and brittle whereas if it was short it looks much more fresh and better looking and plus it normally makes them look younger too
It's care free!!!! You won't have to worry about taking hours to fix your hair if it's short. Usually you can just brush or comb it, gel it, wet it, and just go.
Shorter hair is easier to manage. It's alright to chop it all off when you get the a point in your life when you realize that looks aren't as important as they were when you were in your 20's, and that you aren't looking for acceptance from anyone. Your family and friends, the people who REALLY care for you, will love you no matter what your hair looks like.
it easier to care for and also, when ur older, your hair is weak and doesnt look good long at ALL
Cause it falls out like mens hair
Long hair pulls the face down and makes sags look worse. A short haircut draws attention up to the eyes, not down. Short hair is much more flattering and chic to older women. A compromise would be to have long hair but wear it in a bun or a french twist.
Because long hair is a real pain in the patootie to care for. As women age, they finally realize that their hair style can be whatever they want it to be. It doesn't have to please anyone else especially a male.'
*Tongue firmly in cheek*





After years of fighting with our hair....we deserve a break! LOL No more backcombing, coloring, hairspray, gel, split-end treatments, etc.





Also, after your hands get arthritic, it gets harder to braid/dress your hair.





Some women's hair thins as they get older. Very unbecoming to have long, wispy hair.





Long hair is a chore. There is alot going on behind the scenes that guys have no idea about. (hairdressing time, cost of products, etc)





I don't think women are forced to cut their hair. Some may see it as a release from long hair.





Oh, and before you chew me out for my views (because, that's all they are:MY views) I've had years of long hair....supershort hair....and now I'm growing it out now - mid back....kinda of a last ';hoorah'; before I cut it off....





Take care, Ang





PS Great question! I'll keep an eye on it....love to see the answers
Long gray hair looks horrible!!
Easier to maintain probably. Also some older women maybe have a harder time with bending their elbows and the brushing of long hair.Im not trying to be an *** just that arthritis maybe prevents long hair and makes short easier. Of course im 26 so I dont know.My hair is long though I dont think Id ever cut it short.
My guess would be ease of care, or maybe they're caving in to style guerillas who think it's neater. I am over 50 and mine is half way down my back. I haven't cut mine for 3 years, and have told several people to myob - including a stylist who is my friend.
its easier to take care of and when u get older it is more difficult to keep things up the way u used to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment