Monday, March 8, 2010

Is it dignified for a woman older than 35 to have really long hair?

Its down past my bra strap..but its not straggly or anything, quite thick %26amp; shiny... should I cut it?Is it dignified for a woman older than 35 to have really long hair?
no don't cut it, especially if it's in good condition!! There's no law that says you have to get a perm and a blue rinse when you hit a certain age-lol!Is it dignified for a woman older than 35 to have really long hair?
No kimona, do not cut it, It sounds beautiful.
definitely not - at 50 maybe but you are still young.
Dont cut it!, my mum had really longhair once, but she cut it and it never grew back the same! DONT CUT IT!
Please your self,I for one like long hair.
Not if you don't want to. What about Lorraine wotsit? she's got to be well over 50 and looks more dignified than almost anyone on the box.
It's not dignified if you cannot carry the look off. if you look good keep it.





it's not dignified after about 45
omg!! you shoudnt even need to ask this question! it is totally up to you, however you feel, it you think it makes you look good then keep it! it you doubting it then try a different style but the same length. its totally up to you not all us lot who are never going to meet you!!! hope this helps xx
Never.
Yes.
Don't you dare cut it!! It sounds like you take good care of it,and therefore it really is your 'crowning glory'.


If you're happy with it,keep it. Age has nothing to do with how long your hair should be! Wear your hair in a way that you feel good about!
No ....sexy looking if you keep it looking nice ..... please
no, if it's in good condition leave it.
I like long hair in women, the length you suggest sounds very nice. It's femenine and attractive. If you cut it, only do so because it's what you want to do, not because of other peoples opinions. And what does age have to do with hair length!?!
my schoolfriend and i of nearly 60 years both have long hair we have never wanted to look like a clone ,long hair is tidier and their are more ways that you can wear it do your own thing
Oh for heaven's sake, wear it as you wish. Be yourself and become your own person.


I am 62 with semi-long hair and don't give a crap what others think of how I should wear it.
My grandma has a gloriously long braid, it goes down to her hip. Dignity is all about the attitude, and if long hair suits your style, love it ^^.
no if you like it keep it
Long hair is ok but it can be expensive to keep it looking its best if its very long. 35 is ok for long hair.
if ya like it keep it my wife is 37 and her's is down to her thong
Why would you cut it? If it's beautiful and you keep it looking nice, don't worry about it. Many famous older women keep long hair styles or get extensions so that they can have long hair. I think it's awesome.
no, dont do it I love older women and I love long hair, keep it!
I don't know if it's dignified or not, but I am 56 and my hair is almost to my waist(.I've only got a few stray greys)


When I was a child I was never allowed long hair, so now I'm a rebel and do as I please! you do the same honey.


You can always tie it up when you are in public view just as I do, then I don't look like I'm mutton dressed as lamb as is suggested by some when they see older people with long hair.
Eh?! You really shouldn't be asking that. If you want long hair, you have long hair. It shouldn't matter what a bunch random people online think.





Whatever your reasons and whatever it looks like, just do what you want with it. It's your hair! Do what you want and don't let other people choose for you.





If you like long, flowy hair, then that's fine; but if you'd rather cut it shorter to make it more practical or maybe just for a change, then that's fine too. Just remember that it's YOUR hair and it's YOUR decision, not anyone elses!!!
most women cut there hair short the minute they have kids cos they don't have time for it.





your hair is part of you so if you like it keep it. forget first impressions of oh they'll think i;m undignified. they'll talk to you and then make that judgement based on that if not do you care they think?
Yes of course - 35 is hardly over the hill yet!!!
well it depends on how good the hair looks and how the person dresses ect....





too long can be drowning on older women but i dont know for sure
Absolutely not, long hair is an asset when kept in good shape and trimmed regularly.





I am a little older than you but look late 20's. My hair is thick, straight and silky dark brown - never dyed it and dont need to yet, and is very long down to my lower back. I love my hair and have received compliments all my life. Only ever had short hair for a brief time in my life. Long hair is so easy to manage. I can curl it, put it up in a pony tai, plait it, chignon etc.


I aim to keep my hair long for the rest of my life.
Long hair is great especially if it's in good condition - as yours seems to be.
No way, you can't beat a woman with long silky hair much better than short no matter what age she is.
Dignified? Please!!!!! It is your hair sweetie. Lots of older women have long hair. Don't let others influence you.


Be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment