Monday, March 8, 2010

Why do old women never have hair longer than 4 inches? is it a legal requirement for their pension?

Its easier for the carers to look afterWhy do old women never have hair longer than 4 inches? is it a legal requirement for their pension?
Yes, I am sure it is.


It is also a requirement that they MUST wear floral dresses. Also, extra pension for ability to knit/ spit while eating/ facial hair/ thick glasses/ Urine smell/blue rinses/ repitition while telling stories/ those 2 wheeler trollies/ random laughter.


All of the above are entrance requirements for Bingo.Why do old women never have hair longer than 4 inches? is it a legal requirement for their pension?
Define old.





I think you are generalising . I know women of pensionable age who have long hair, croppped hair, permed hair, straight.... etc etc .Each to their own.
nope, it's not a requirement for pension. hehehe





its either because they no longer have to wear their hair the way their man likes it and/or their lives are so full they want something far easier to tend to.
I am an older woman and i have very very long hair
one of my nans has long hair its near her bum lol shes always had long hair
Long hair can make a woman look considerably older than she is . Also it takes less time to maintain . As you grow older your hair thins .
not true! i know so many old ppl with long hair! i think alot of them keep it short cuz you dont have to do much to take care of it.
because it is easier to take care of when you cant lift your arms very high.. also very long hair looks great on young girls
I think it's probably because it's low maintenance.
I think it is probably because longer hair kinda looks funny on old woman. It makes them look outdated. Short hairstyles look more ';fixed'; and plus they can get it done weekly. I prefer to see short hair on older women.
That's not true, lots of older women have longer hair. Maybe the fact that having longer hair means they look far younger than their age, that you don't realise they are older women!
I'd love to have long hair again but mine is no longer as shining or luxurious as it once was, so I keep it shorter to hide that fact.


I suspect others have the same problem.
I think short hair tends to make you look younger when your older. Long hair on older women (60+ that is) just doesn't look right. So carry it well though.
Maybe it falls out of of their frail heads with too much weight....lol
It isn't a legal requirement, but hairdressers insist upon the overall length being no longer than 4 inches because it is easier to perm and the blue rinse takes better.
Youre wrong, you are obviously not noticing the older women with hair longer than 4 inches, I have seen plenty.
my hair is longer than four inches! does this mean I am not old?


Actually this is a very good question. Where we live , all the women have exactly the same hairstyle. It is quite an obsession of my husband's. He says it's like the Stepford Wives gone wrong.


We have discussed this phenomenon with our sons. They informed me that one day I would wake up with short hair. I would not have gone to have it cut, I would just wake up, and there it would be, short.
You are joking, right?
I work in pensions and I can tell you there is no hair requirement for pensions. Nor height, race, colour, etc requirements. Unfortunately there is an age requirement. Shame that or we could all put in for one!
No..lol..that isn't why...but I understand where you are coming from. They keep their hair so short because they are tired of dealing with years of hairstyles and bad hair days. And when you get older you realize that hair is not all that there is to life. So why not cut it short, easily maintained and do something that matters like spending time with the grandkids or traveling with the hubby!.=)
Due to lack of oestrogen, as women get older their hair thins. If most of them had long hair it would look like a wierd straggly tramp woman in most cases, with bits on some parts of their head but not fully covering the scalp.





Some don't get this, they are blessed.
Because ';gray'; hair is more ';wiry'; %26amp; harder to style. That is one of the main reasons. Also, it's just an age-appropriate thing, you also don't see a lot of older women wearing mini-skirts %26amp; halter tops - at least I hope not! lol.
you r so mean
your hair breaks more easily as you get older and so to have it short makes more sense to keep it in a reasonable condition
Yes, I thought everyone knew this. It's the same Law that means all men over 60 have to wear beige wind-cheaters and trousers that come up to their chest.





Really, I'm shocked you had to ask. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment